November 24, 2008

Who LOVES Cupcakes!!!

I want everyone to get the opportunity to get to know a bit about each other. SO i am going to be doing "Etsian of the week", and did our FIRST interview with Christy (suite106cupcakery.etsy.com).

Tell us a little bit about yourself?
My name is Christy and I am a proud parent of my only child my daughter Monae. She is the next Misty Mae Treanor volleyball star, she is 14 and in the 9th grade. I am also a soon to be wife to Jason, he is a lead singer in a rock band and when he is not rocken the mic on stage he designs custom homes. I live in sunny Southern California in city called Rancho Cucamonga.How did you start selling? Where did the idea come from?
Well I started baking when I was around 7 years old in Chicago, where I was born and raised with my mom & dad, my 2 sisters and brother. My mother would always make these unique pastries like Kalachki cookies and The Butter roll by hand and from scratch and they were very delicious. She taught us girls how to bake from scratch and by hand and that everyone would be happy we did. When I got older we moved to California and I took that passion for baking with me, I become a head baker (among many others things) and helped opened several restaurants in the Inland Empire. One day my sister Rebecca, who is a very talented clothing designer and the owner of Sky Bleu Couture, had the idea of selling cupcakes. We would always make cakes for family and friends and they would tell us they were so good we should go into business. So she thought lets make cupcakes they were really hot at the time so I started a blog a little over a year ago and orders started rolling in, then my sister Rebecca found Etsy and said that would be another great way to offer people my cupcakes, so here I am.

What are your goals? Your inspiration & motivation?

My inspiration and motivation comes from each person who tastes one of my cupcakes and says, that was the most beautiful and delicious cupcake they ever had and it made there day, that is what keeps me going. I have a goal of opening a small bakery in the Inland Empire by the end of next year.
What is your favorite cupcake?
My favorite cupcake? WOW that is a hard one since I love them all and I have over 30 flavors, how could I choose just one? But I am a chocolate girl so I would have to go with the Chocoholic cupcake, it is moist and fudgy with a taste of caramel, topped off with little salty crunch from the peanuts sprinkled on top, a perfect combination. Thanks now I’m craving one and I am on a diet .

Apart from creating things, what do you do?
When I am not baking I have a family owned business that deals with finances in terms of Life Insurance (living benefits) Real Estate and Mortgages, I work there with my whole entire family. We have been in business for around 20 years here in the Inland Empire and we also have a nonprofit organization that educates the public about their finances through free classes.

What is the best advice you have ever received?
The best advice I ever received was from my mother and father they always told me to remember that I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me.
Also I got some good advice from the late great Earl Nightingale he says: A man is what he thinks about all day long, if you think in negative terms you get negative results if you think in positive terms you get positive results that is a fact.

Makes you want a cupcake, Thank you Christy for your time. Everyone check out Christy's Etsy Store (suite106cupcakery.etsy.com). If you want to be the next Etsian of the week Contact me Cindy (cpmelo.etsy.com)

3 comments:

Diana said...

Cool idea about featuring an etsy artist, I'm hungry for some cupcakes after reading the interview.

Unknown said...

here's a new cupcake shop I found in Chino Hills



www.DolcissimoBakeshop.com

Suite 106 Cupcakery said...

Thanks Cindy for the feature I really appreciate what you are doing for the Inland Empire Etsy Team it is great exposure for crafters on Etsy.

www.suite106cupcakery.etsy.com
www.suite106cupcakery.blogspot.com